studioMAP is a Canberra-based community access art school, specialising in children’s and teen painting, drawing and illustration classes and workshops.
The studio was established in 1995 by visual artist, art consultant, writer, curator and art educator Jeffree Skewes.
studioMAP is housed in studio #3 within M16 Artspace Inc, a community art centre located in Griffith ACT Australia – see contact page for map and directions.
Students as young as six years old through to late teens attend classes at studioMAP. Teen classes are restricted to teenagers only and early teen class are also restricted. All other classes comprise of mixed ages, experience and ages ranging from 6 to 12 years old. Please contact us and discuss if required.
All studioMAP classes require bookings.
- Students may start anytime during the term cycle and subject to availability at pro-rata fee rate.
- All Classes are for two hours, weekly.
- See our term timetable to for days, suitability and times.
- children’s classes include a short break for which students need to supply their own snacks/drinks.
- Teens classes self-regulate their breaks.
- To make a booking please use our Online Booking form – see link
has developed its unique Art-with-a-MAP curriculum. All programs utilise our art-maps designed to develop visual art knowledge and to rapidly advance painting and drawing skills. Our students research and develop their individual ‘art projects’ derived from their own interests as well as broader art themes, styles etc.The Art Maps are universally implemented and appreciated throughout studioMAP.